Gerald Burkey, CPA
Gerald D. Burkey, CPA, “Jerry” opened a small accounting office in 1956. He was known for his brilliant tax and communication skills. He had a keen sense about people and a warm heart. Outside the office, Jerry loved his church and music.
With Jerry Burkey leading the team, the firm grew steadily. The clientele covered the Antelope Valley and the Indian Wells Valley.
Gary W. Cox, CPA, joined the firm in 1977. Gary attended Rice University under a football scholarship.
An injury necessitated a career change, and Gary chose the accounting profession. He was considered outstanding in tax and was highly personable.
Gary W. Cox, CPA
Outside the office, Gary was involved in sports with his three daughters, one of whom trained for the Olympics.
Terry L. Snedigar, EA, joined Burkey & Cox in 1973. Since 1958 he had been preparing federal tax returns, state tax returns, and multi-state tax returns including partnership, corporation and fiduciary income tax returns.
Many of the firm’s clients still remember Terry to this day, as well as the founders – Jerry Burkey and Gary Cox.
Terry Snedigar, EA
Enrolled Agent, Retired
Some of the original clients from 1956 and the firm’s philosophy, goals and shared commitment remain intact today.